- To provide Geospatial support to RSCE/UNESB and cooperate and coordinate with other UN entities in Uganda and Regional Missions on all geospatial matters.
- To deliver geographic information training and education programmes such as GIS, Map reading, GPS, and Google Earth, and other pertinent GIS and Web Mapping applications.
- To provide familiarization and/or training on situation awareness tools such as ITEM, SAGE, I2; MCOP, etc.
- To provide assistance to the United Nations Department of Security and Safety (UNDSS) Officers in the development and maintenance of the Zone Warden System.
- To provide assistance to development and implementation teams (ODC) and Project management.
- Coordinate with the field Mission Offices and other UN agencies including the Humanitarian Information Centres (HICs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and regional organizations on collecting and sharing of geographic data.
- Undertake the timely exchange of geographic information between missions and the GIS Section in NY and GSC in Brindisi.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of GIS training for the missions at RSCE and in missions as required.
- To increase awareness on environment through hands-on training and presentations.