The Regional Field Technology Services (RFTS) provides and supports centralized solutions and enables a mobile UN workforce on a near-zero footprint, delivered via shared services and regional cooperation frameworks.
- UN C4ISR Academy for Peace Operation (UNCAP) in partnership with Member States and coordinated by OSD.
- Regional Projects Management & Implementations Unit – provide oversight and compliance, of systems throughout the African continent for UN enterprise systems – both bespoke and off-the-shelf systems. Technology Solutions – testing labs for technology products and services in a secure environment while under near-field conditions for missions in the region.
- Regional ICT Security and ICT standards
- Business Relationship Management (BRM) Unit
- Field Technology Services Operations Section
- Geographic Information Services Unit
- Offshore Development Center (ODC) - Implementation of FSS modules in the region – back-end, training and life-support.
- Regional Telephone Billing Unit (RTBU)