ODC was established in 2008/2009 to support UN Field Operations through development and maintenance of Software Applications for various process and service lines operating in the UN Field Operations and in the UN headquarters.
It is comprised from two main teams:
- Software Development and Maintenance, and
- Field Reporting, Business Intelligence and Data Management
ODC Is managed by Department of Operational Support (DOS) Office of Information and Communications Technology’s at UN Headquarters, and it is operated at the Regional Service Centre-Entebbe (RSCE) in Uganda.The teams are globally distributed: located in Brindisi, Entebbe, Valencia and New York. The team in Entebbe is composed of: Business Analysts, System Analysts, Data Analysts, Developers, Quality Control, Release Coordinators and Technical Writer.
- Address the common field-specific business needs of all peacekeeping missions by using a centrally hosted, fully integrated set of web-based applications and reporting platforms (including Self Service)
- Employ strong processes to guarantee timely delivery and high quality of products
- Standardize business processes while being flexible to accommodate mission specific needs
- Provide Support and maintenance to Field Operations in UN Missions, OAH and HQ for:
- 24 Field Service Suite (FSS) Applications
- Non FSS 16 application
- 5 integration solutions
- Develop support, maintain and implement services related to:
- Master Data Management
- Business Intelligence and reporting
- Self Service Analytics
- Capacity Building and Training
- Project Implementation, management and data component support for regional implementations.