RPMIU leads the planning, coordination and implementation of Infrastructure, software, service management and business process reengineering projects as it relates to software systems to the RSCE and on a regional level (Africa), and applies to both internally UN developed systems and off-the-shelf systems.
These tasks involve understanding the business needs and requirements as well as advanced level of subject matter expertise in respective area of work including project management, business analysis, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, effective communication and meeting facilitation. In addition to close coordination with cross-functional internal and external teams responsible for planning, execution, and successful implementation of projects.
What We Do
- Manage and coordinate Project Management process by applying strategic planning and systematic coordination of day-to-day project activities and overall responsibility of project outcomes.
- Manage and coordinate the deployment and roll-out of global enterprise systems and technologies for RSCE and client missions.
- Work with Business Relationship Management to define business requirements to enable change in an organizational context, by identifying needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders
- Perform business process mapping activities to define what a business entity does, who is responsible, to what standard a business process should be completed, and how the success of a business process can be determined.
- Manage and coordinate POC & Pilots of software & infrastructure-based Initiatives relating to commercially-of-the-shelf systems to provide efficient, scalable and client-oriented services to both RSCE specific projects and regional or cross-regional projects as required.
- Coordinate, monitor and assure progress of technology deployment projects, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference; processes and follows-up on administrative actions to resolves issues related to project implementation.