Umoja Senior Administrative Users Introduced to Upgraded Umoja Analytics
The United Nations Enterprise Resource Planning system, Umoja, is upgrading Umoja BI to Umoja Analytics. At the Regional Service Centre Entebbe, Senthil Gopalan, Chief of Analytics and Delivery Management Service from the Enterprise Resource Planning Solution Division (ERPSD), introduced Umoja Self-Service Analytics, a key feature of Umoja Analytics, to senior administrative users of Umoja.
Umoja provides a wealth of information about the management of a wide variety of United Nations resources. However, accessing and utilizing the data has historically posed challenges due to their volume and complexity, making it hard to find specific data and understand their implications easily.
Umoja Self Service Analytics is a transformative platform for the United Nations, enabling its staff to access and analyze data more effectively and make data-driven decisions. The training programs offered in conjunction with the deployment of this platform are critical to ensuring that UN staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills to harness the full potential of Umoja Analytics. Some of the features of the platform include the seamless integration with the Enterprise Datawarehouse and the Umoja security roles and the ability to access analytics on mobile devices.
“We have implemented Umoja Self-Service Analytics to be very user intuitive allowing a broad range of users within the organization to independently access, analyze, and derive insights from data without requiring advanced technical skills.” said Mr. Gopalan
Speaking at the opening of the event, Mr. Paulin Djomo, Director RSCE said “Organizations cannot survive without data analytics. We must be preemptive and look at the analytics to be able to predict what is not working or where there are issues to provide solutions to our clients. Be attentive and take note of what you learn here so you can share with your colleagues back in the mission.”
The week-long training, hosted at the Civilian Pre-deployment Training (CPT) facilities in Entebbe by the Enterprise Resource Planning Solution Division (ERPSD) was attended by participants from peacekeeping operations and special political missions in Africa (MINUSCA, MONUSCO, UNISFA, UNMISS, UNSOS, UNSOM, UNOCA, UNITAMS, UNOAU) including Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE),
- United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA),
- United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO), the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA),
- United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS),
- United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS),
- United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM),
- United Nations Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA),
- United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan (UNITAMS),
- United Nations Office to the African Union (UNOAU).